Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Redneck Valentine's Day Poem

A Redneck Valentine

Kudzu is green, my dog’s name is Blue
And I’m so lucky to have a sweet thang like you.
Yore hair is like cornsilk a-flapping in the breeze.
Softer than Blue’s And without all them fleas.
You move like the bass, Which excite me in May.
You ain’t got no scales But I luv you anyway.
You’re as graceful as okry Jist a-dancin’ in the pan.
Yo’re as fragrant as SunDrop Right out of the can.
You have all yore teeth, For which I am proud;
I hold my head high When we’re in a crowd.
On special occasions, When you shave yore armpits,
Well, I’m in hawg heaven, I’m plumb outta my wits.
Still them fellers at work They all want to know,
What I did to deserve Such a purty, young doe.
Like a good roll of duct tape Yo’re there fer yore man,
To patch up life’s troubles And stick ‘em in the can.
Yo’re as strong as a four-wheeler Racin’ through the mud,
Yet fragile as that sanger Named Naomi Judd.
Yo’re as cute as a junebug A-buzzin’ overhead.
You ain’t mean like no fire ant Upon which I oft’ tread.
Cut from the best pattern Like a flannel shirt of plaid,
You sparked up my life Like a Rattletrap shad.
When you hold me real tight Like a padded gunrack,
My life is complete; Ain’t nuttin’ I lack.
Yore complexion, it’s perfection, Like the best vinyl sidin’.
Despite all the years, Yore age, it keeps hidin’.
And when you get old Like a ‘57 Chevy,
Won’t put you on blocks And let grass grow up heavy.
Me ‘n’ you’s like a Moon Pie With a RC cold drank,
We go together Like a skunk goes with stank.
Some men, they buy chocolate For Valentine’s Day;
They git it at Wal-Mart, It’s romantic that way.
Some men git roses On that special day
From the cooler at Kroger. “That’s impressive,” I say.
Some men buy fine diamonds From a flea market booth.
“Diamonds are forever,” They explain, suave and couth.
But for this man, honey, These will not do.
For you are too special, You sweet thang you.
I got you a gift, Without taste nor odor,
Better than diamonds it’s a new trollin’ motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment