Friday, November 19, 2010

Rolls-Royce Humor

A wealthy man drove his Rolls-Royce to New York City during a two week business trip. Upon his arrival, he went straight to a large bank and asked for an immediate loan of $5,000.

"I can't just give you a loan of $5,000 without any type of collateral" the loan officer replies.

"Will a Rolls-Royce do?" he asks.

"I should think so," The loan officer replies, who promptly has the car driven into the bank's underground parking for safe keeping, and then gives him $5,000.

Two weeks later, he walked into the bank to settle up his loan and get his car back.

"That will be $5,000 principal, and $15.40 in interest," said the loan officer.

The man promptly writes a check, gives it to the loan officer, gathers his keys, and starts to walk away.

"Wait, sir!" the loan officer says. I've just got one question. Obviously you are wealthy. Why did you want to borrow $5,000?"

He smiled. "Well, when I got here I noticed the congested traffic and decided it was too much of a risk to drive my car around town because it might get scratched up. Where else could I find a safer place to park my Rolls-Royce in Manhattan for two weeks and pay only $15.40?"

No comments:

Post a Comment